Q. I am just 27, and my vaginal walls are lying outward. Why?

Dr. Balakrishnan. R
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 26, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2021

I am 27 years old. My vaginal lips look wide with skin falling outside and also get dry early. Is there any reason why the vagina walls are lying outward? It is just because of sex or some hereditary issue?

#

I would like to put forth a few features or symptoms to differentiate normal from pathological labial hypertrophy or vaginal wall enlargement.

1. If wall prolapse is painful or tender, associated with excessive vaginal discharge, especially yellow or greenish color, foul-smelling, and itching, and if swelling increases after sexual exposure.
  2. Around the time of periods, discharge increases with all the above features associated mild feverish feeling around periods, cramps in the lower abdomen before periods.

All these could be an infection in the vagina following sexual exposure. You need to meet your gynecologist and use medications for yourself and your partner. If the lips of the vagina are not tender and free of the above-mentioned symptoms, then this could be just hereditary, as you mentioned. Then it needs no treatment.

|