Q. I have three pimple-like marks on my penis without any symptoms. Could these be genital warts?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have three pimple-like marks on my penis for over a month now, and it makes me worried and depressed. I only had sex with one girl in my life, and she was clean. I am afraid of genetic warts and do not even want to date if I am contagious. I went to a urologist before these appeared, and he said I was fine. I went to check Fordyce's spots and hoping these are enlarged ones. I have attached a photo and wanted an opinion.

#

I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

These pimples are not warts. It seems to be a reaction to something you are using or applying on your penis, like shower gel or soap or anything you use daily. I think it is not related to your previous sexual activity.

No medications are required. Just change your soap or shower gel to milder soap like baby soap. And you should not worry about having sex as you should have protected intercourse with a condom.

I feel somewhat better now and will take this advice. I have attached a couple more photos, and you let me know if you still think they are not warts? Could you tell me why they are not? I searched on the internet and convinced myself I had an STI, HPV, because towards the end of my last relationship with my ex-partner also had a relationship with another guy. Also, so many photos of warts seem to look like this, what is the difference? Could masturbation also cause this if no lubricant is being used?

#

Yes, those are not warts. Those are vesicles and not warty lesions. Genitalia skin is sensitive, and any irritant can cause such lesions. Masturbation without lubricant will not cause trouble. I hope the lesions will resolve soon. Just change the things you use.

|