Q. I developed small bumps on my penis after excessive masturbation and sex. Could you help me to recover ?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bumps On Penis or Masturbation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I developed small bumps on my penis after excessive masturbation and sex.  Could you help me to recover ?

I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going to do that again. It was very painful.

I agreed that using a razor to shave everything would be fine for now. I had never shaved my pubic region, and later it became a bit irritated and sensitive, but nothing I could not survive. About a day later, I started running a high fever (around 102.5 F) for a day or two, then ended up going to the ER after I found that my lower leg was red and swollen as well.

They diagnosed me with cellulitis. As soon as they started running IV antibiotics, my fever broke, and things looked good. They sent me home with Doxycycline, and I was good.

I am only mentioning the cellulitis as there was no evidence of cuts or scrapes, so we do not know here the infection came from, but now I think it could be from the waxing or shaving torture that I had been though.

My penis had been sore after the shaving, and I recently have been masturbating dry (no lubricant) quite a lot, four times a day was common. My penis was a darker color from the excessive masturbation and sex. Even though it was uncomfortable, I still did it.

So a few days ago after having 3 or 4 sex sessions and previous masturbation before that, I noticed a couple of small bumps on my middle shaft that morning. There is no pain, no itching, and no redness. I have never had anything like this before, and I am very observant with my body. They have been there for 2 to 3 days, and have not changed at all.

I stopped sex and masturbation after noticing them. I have no other symptoms. I was worried about herpes, but they do not seem to match any of the pictures I see online. I do not have redness, tingling, pain, or itching. They are at the same spot where I was feeling the friction burns earlier.

My girlfriend just so happen to have a full Pap smear a week ago, and they did STD testing, and everything was normal. My last partner was over six months, and we had protected sex.

I always ask about sexual health and everything to try to be safe. I understand that the majority of herpes happens within a week of exposure and that the first outbreak is the worst, but they can hide dormant for long periods.

It feels like this is a dumb choice to shave and irritate my pubic region and also do excessive masturbation and sex while ignoring the friction pain, and I possibly ended up with a friction blister type of situation.

If I start getting other side effects, I will stop by my doctor. I just wanted a professional to chime in.