Q. My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge. How to cure this?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and cure the symptoms? Kindly suggest an eye drop.

#

• The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness.
  • You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hands clean and avoiding physical contact like shaking hands.
  • Regarding treatment, antibiotic eyedrop like Moxifloxacin six times daily, lubricating eyedrop like Flogel (Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose) thrice daily and mild steroid eyedrop like Fluorometholone in the case of corneal involvement.
  • It is viral conjunctivitis, and it usually takes two weeks for complete recovery. It is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly consult your local ophthalmologist for a complete eye checkup and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|