Q. What causes a sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doctor and after a few scans, he could not decide over a diagnosis between wet macular degeneration and central serous retinopathy. He suggested that I should start the treatment with an injection. I am very scared and frustrated as I do not have a diagnosis yet. Can you please help me with a second opinion? I am attaching three files, the first two were taken 10 days ago and the last one is from yesterday.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes.
  • After seeing the images, I would say, it is a case of wet macular degeneration. And the gold standard treatment is anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) injections, given at a monthly interval for at least three months.
  • The condition is curable and not scary as it is completely painless. There is a good recovery if the treatment is started early. However, the distortion may take some time to go away completely.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|