Q. Are my Condition related to amblyopia?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

In my 12 years of age, I found that I had problem with vision in one eye and got it treated by LASIK. I had squint operation too when I was 20 years old. My present condition is that I can see with one eye at a time, but when I concentrate for five minutes then that eye will start paining. I had a LASIK, but it did not help me to utilize both eyes. Is it amblyopia? How can I get it cured without operation?

#

You have mentioned that you had less vision in one eye at the age of 12 years. This goes in favor of the weak eye being amblyopic.

Amblyopia with vision problem should be initiated very early in life, before the age of 10 to 12 years. Was any treatment, like patching, done at that age?

As the eye was weak before, LASIK surgery will not help in improving the vision.

Nowadays, current research shows that some cases of amblyopia may improve at a later date also. So, I suggest you continue patching of the unaffected eye (good eye) for one hour every day, while watching television for six months. Remember to wear your glasses, if any, while patching.

Revert back with the asked details to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Firstly I thank you so much. Both my eyes have good vision now. But, they cannot work together. If I see from one eye (any), other eye is not working. Will patching really work for me? Please guide.

#

• If the vision in each eye is good, but you are not able to use it together, then you do have binocular vision.
  • You need to do orthoptic eye exercises. I advise you to see a squint specialist eye doctor.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|