Vitreous Hemorrhage

Why does my diabetic father have blurred vision, and everything he looks seems red?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, has been diabetic for the last 20 years and takes Insulin. His eye problem started before a year. Due to which there is blurred vision and everything he sees seems red. According to physicians, there is a blood clot on the retina and for which they have...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has got retinal detachment RD along with hemorrhage. It does not occur in a day and it is a very long process. First and foremost is to control diabetes. Then, he is receiving injection Accentrix (Ranibizumab), which can only be explained on the basis of examinati...  Read Full »

Why is my vision blurred after an eye injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After trauma with the ball, there could be many things that can cause blurring. It could be a simple eyelid swelling or small abrasion on the cornea, the front transparent surface of the eye. Other causes may be inflammation in the eye or blood inside the ey...  Read Full »

What is VH?

Query: Hello doctor, About forty days back, all of a sudden vision of left eye got blocked. After examining, the doctor told VH in my left eye and gave injection Lucentis. What is VH? After 30 days he again examined and told that blood in left eye has totally cleared. He also said that retina has to be ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. VH is Vitreous Hemorrhage. Vitreous hemorrhage is common only in long-standing diabetes, which leads to proliferative diabetic retinopathy.If this happens, intravitreous Lucentis (Ranibizumab) is advisable. Another one is intravitreous Avastin (Bevacizumab), this costs ...  Read Full »

I have blurred vision due to blood clot in my right eye. Is it something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, When I woke up suddenly yesterday, I saw a spiral black cloud in my right eye. I can see through the cloud hazily and there is no pain. When I consulted my doctor, he said that I have a blood clot. Is it something serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is vitreous hemorrhage. It is seen commonly in uncontrolled diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. If it is small, it will resolve on its own. You can wait and watch. If it is large and not resolving, it needs to be surgically removed. Other option...  Read Full »

Can dry eyes cause sudden vision obstruction?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel a strange glitch in my vision. It is quite big and takes up a large portion of my central vision. It is neither a shadow nor a flash, it looks like a greasy fingerprint smudge in my vision which disappears quickly. It happens when I blink, but mostly occurs when my eyes move quick...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description of symptoms it looks to be non-pathological. It can be due to dryness in the eyes. It will occur when a thick eye secretion covers the cornea, once you blink it will get clear. This needs to be treated with artificial tear drops used hourly.  Oth...  Read Full »