I have a burning sensation and pain in my vulva. I checked with a mirror, and there is excess skin at the bottom, and it is painful when I touch it. I am just wondering what this could be. What can be done to stop this irritation?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Vulval pain (vulvodynia) or irritation is widespread. You need not be worried as it usually resolves with just proper hygienic precautions and minor treatment. This could be due to friction-induced skin infection or skin tag or other skin conditions like lichen sclerosis. But proper physical examination is needed to determine the actual diagnosis and suggest an appropriate treatment plan according to the etiology. However, I would advise you of the following suggestions for relief:
1. Avoid using gels and scented bathing products which may contain irritants.
2. Avoid wearing tight-fitting pants (consider wearing skirts and no underwear at home and during the night to avoid friction and aid drying).
3. Avoid washing undergarments with excess detergent. Rinsing your undergarments several times with water would be appropriate.
4. White cotton underwear is preferable.
5. Use emulsion-based creams to clean the vulva.
6. If you are obese, try to maintain optimum weight.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. help healing infections for small wounds over the vulva, but make sure that it is for external use only. Please ensure good hygiene of the wound. Wash it with plain water and keep it dry, and clean it every time after using the toilet. It may take... Read fullI have vulvodynia, will I always have this? Have you seen this cured in your experience?
.. vulvodynia (chronic vulvar pain) and the most preferred treatment for it is antidepressants like Amitryptilline. Alternatively, topical heat applied with a heating pad can reduce pain in some women with vulvodynia. Local anesthetic as used by you... Read fullPenetration of any kind hurts me. Please help.
I suggest you tablet Oflox-OZ (combination of Ofloxacin 200 mg and Ornidazole 500 mg) twice a day for seven days and use Vagisil vaginal wash twice a day for the next one week ... The pain and burning sensation which extends ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Practitioner Now