Q. I underwent vulvar biopsy and it looks there is pus in that area. Will Neosporin help?

Dr. Nadia Khan
Published on Nov 19, 2019

I had a vulvar biopsy without any stitches. It seems to have been healing fine, until today. It looks as though there is pus in the area where the biopsy was performed. What should I do for this? Will Neosporin help?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Neosporin can help healing infections for small wounds over the vulva, but make sure that it is for external use only. Please ensure good hygiene of the wound. Wash it with plain water and keep it dry, and clean it every time after using the toilet. It may take one to two weeks to get healed. If the biopsy area becomes tender or you feel discharge coming out of it then do see your doctor.

Why does my vulva and vagina get swollen during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I have sex, it feels like my vulva and vagina start out well lubed and with no issue but within 4 or 5 minutes they both become swollen and irritated enough that I cannot continue to have sex.  Read Full »

My biopsy report shows low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My doctor did a biopsy and the result showed a low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL). Acute inflammation and associated reactive change are also noted. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

I have vulvodynia, will I always have this? Have you seen this cured in your experience?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 48 years old and have been in good health. I have not been officially diagnosed, but I think my issue is some form of vulvodynia.  Symptoms started as discomfort as if something was digging around my panty line. This went away completely for three weeks. Then again started to get ...  Read Full »