Q. I underwent vulvar biopsy and it looks there is pus in that area. Will Neosporin help?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I had a vulvar biopsy without any stitches. It seems to have been healing fine, until today. It looks as though there is pus in the area where the biopsy was performed. What should I do for this? Will Neosporin help?

#

Neosporin can help healing infections for small wounds over the vulva, but make sure that it is for external use only. Please ensure good hygiene of the wound. Wash it with plain water and keep it dry, and clean it every time after using the toilet. It may take one to two weeks to get healed. If the biopsy area becomes tender or you feel discharge coming out of it then do see your doctor.

|