I have attached my blood report, my doctor suggested me Warfarin sodium daily and a skin-tight sock and he said that may be I have to take it for a lifetime. What would you suggest? Please reply as soon as possible.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. It appears you have suffered from deep vein thrombosis. Due to this, your protein C and S values are low.
2. Once thrombosis has been seen, future risk of thrombus formation is present.
3. Yes, you will need to take Warfarin for life to prevent future risk of thrombus. Get evaluated with a maintenance INR of 2-3.
4. Stockings beneficial. Avoid immobility for long, especially surgeries or long travel.
5. Risk of bleeding more during injuries, and inform concerned doctor regarding surgeries about being on Warfarin therapy.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I am on warfarin for life. Yesterday, while I was working in my house, I knocked the upper back part of my head on the marble roof of the window pane. It was neither a hard blow nor a soft one. It was medium. I did not feel any pain. I did not have any blackout but was stunned for two... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, How common is it to develop a blood clot or PE with no underlying clotting disorder, surgery, not on birth control, etc.? Like can a PE happen out of nowhere? Or is there always a culprit? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, My father-in-law has blood under the skin on his leg and ankle. He has had a stroke in the past and is on blood thinners. He said it is not painful and he cannot recall any hit. There is some swelling in some black and blue. He is on cholesterol medicines too. Please help. Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Hematologist Now