Q. My semen is watery and not thick and white as before. Why?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

I am a 24-year-old male with a weight of 70 kilograms and a height of five feet four inches. I have a problem with my semen and sperms. My semen is watery and it is not as thick as it was before. I have a semen amount of 3 ml and sperms around 95 m/ml. I had sex plenty of times with my wife. But she is not getting conceived.

#

Having sperms of 95 m/ml is a normal value. The thickness of the ejaculate is not determined by the amount or quality of semen. It is determined by the amount of prostate fluid and lubricant fluid produced by other glands. The amount and texture of these liquids are variable and there is nothing to do with your ability to make your wife pregnant. You can take Zinc tablets. It inhibits the degradation of testosterone in the body. Kindly control your blood sugar as it is around 120mg/dL. If it was after meal, then it is fine. If it was during fasting, then it is too high and it needs further testing.

You have normal variation.

Try to rule out diabetes.

You can have diabetes.

You have a normal variation of ejaculate texture.

You can take Zinc aspartate 50 mg three times a day for six months.

Keep your male organs well ventilated.

Have a follow-up after a month.

|