Q. How can I gain weight?

Dr. Ayesha Naveed
Published on Mar 17, 2019

I am 21 but my weight is just 40 kg which is too low according to me and my family. Everyone says I am too slim. So, I just wanna gain my weight now. Would you please suggest which capsule will be better for weight gaining?

Dr. Ayesha Naveed

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Well, your BMI is less than the normal and you are surely slimmer. First of all, I would like to tell you that there is no need to take stress on this issue. You are beautiful the way you are. I will help you improve.

Follow this advice.

1. Eat five times a day, small but frequent meals.

2. Drink milk two times a day.

3. Increase the intake of bananas.

4. Exercise, at least for 15 minutes a day.

5. Megace (Megestrol Acetate) oral suspension, 800 mg/day (20 mL/day) will increase your appetite. Take 10 ml in the morning, 10 in the evening.

Keep an eye on your bowel habits as well, stay happy.

I have thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight. TSH is 7.63. I take Thyronorm 100 for last three years.  Read Full »

Why are my periods always super irregular?

Query: Hello doctor,I started my period when I was 11. I am now 24. My period has always been super irregular. I can go on for 60 to 75 days with no period. It will be on time for two months, then back to missing two months. I have talked to my doctor multiple times but never really got an answer. I h...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement? Can I take Nutrigain? Please help me,  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now