Q. How can I gain weight?

Answered by
Dr. Ayesha Naveed
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Hi doctor,

I am 21 but my weight is just 40 kg which is too low according to me and my family. Everyone says I am too slim. So, I just wanna gain my weight now. Would you please suggest which capsule will be better for weight gaining?

Do you have a question on Weight Gain or Bmi?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ayesha Naveed

Family Physician General Practitioner


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Well, your BMI is less than the normal and you are surely slimmer. First of all, I would like to tell you that there is no need to take stress on this issue. You are beautiful the way you are. I will help you improve.

Follow this advice.

1. Eat five times a day, small but frequent meals.

2. Drink milk two times a day.

3. Increase the intake of bananas.

4. Exercise, at least for 15 minutes a day.

5. Megace (Megestrol Acetate) oral suspension, 800 mg/day (20 mL/day) will increase your appetite. Take 10 ml in the morning, 10 in the evening.

Keep an eye on your bowel habits as well, stay happy.

Also Read Answers From: Weight Gain Bmi

Related Questions & Answers

I have thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight.
Query: Hello doctor,I have a thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight. TSH is 7.63. I take Thyronorm 100 for last three years.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things that you need to know. Your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is slightly high and therefore you have sub-clinical hypothyroidism and therefore there is no need to take any treatment. Your cholesterol is high. You must do diet and exercise...  Read Full »
Why are my periods always super irregular?
Query: Hello doctor,I started my period when I was 11. I am now 24. My period has always been super irregular. I can go on for 60 to 75 days with no period. It will be on time for two months, then back to missing two months. I have talked to my doctor multiple times but never really got an answer. I h...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You areoverweight (BMI is high) for your height. It could be polycystic ovaries. Do you have abnormal hair growth near the chin, on the side of your face, or on the abdomen and around the nipple? I will suggest a few tests. Get it done on day-2 ...  Read Full »
Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement? Can I take Nutrigain? Please help me,  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Ayurveda Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nutrigain is a herbal product, you can use it to gain weight. Weight gain or loss depends on your appetite. If your appetite is not good, then whatever you eat, it will never increase your weight. Yoga and exercise can regulate your metabolism and it will be able to incre...  Read Full »


Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Doctor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.