Q. Why do I see red rash and tiny bumps on my penis again?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

I am 34 years old. I have noticed a thick white substance on the head of the penis, and I have applied Clotrimazole for a day or two. But it disappears and comes back again. I have also noticed a few tiny bumps on the head of the penis and a red rash, like only at one part of the head. Would you please suggest me medications for this?

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. Fungal infections are known for recurrence. It may be due to fungal infection as it is subsiding with Clotrimazole cream. I advise you to wear loose cotton garments. Clean the area with warm water twice daily. This is important even after it subsides. Do not overclean or use harsh soaps. Apply antifungal cream like Clotrimazole cream twice daily initially. Later you can reduce it depending on the situation. Check for diabetes and keep it under control if you have diabetes. Consult your doctor if it does not subside for a brief examination and management.

|