Q. I get white spots on my two front teeth. What is it?

Dr. Subha
Published on Jul 22, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2018

I recently started getting white spots on my two front teeth. What is it? How can I make it less noticeable?

Dr. Subha

Dentistry
#

White spots on the teeth might be due to:

1. Plaque (tartar) accumulation on the teeth due to improper brushing.
  2. Decalcification of the outer enamel layer of the tooth called the enamel hypoplasia.
  3. Initial stages of tooth decay called incipient caries.
  4. Fluorosis.
  5. Genetic or nutritional disorders.

There are several methods to treat the white spots. To name a few:

• Plaque deposition requires scaling (cleaning).
  • Tooth decay needs tooth-colored fillings.
  • And the other causes can be treated by tooth veneering, composite fillings, and tooth-colored crowns.

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for soft teeth that chip off easily in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is one year old. She has soft teeth in the front and she is not able to bite anything with the upper teeth. If she bites, the teeth start chipping. What am I to do?  Read Full »