Q. My baby has got soft teeth that chip on biting. What am I to do?

Dr. Rachna
Published on Jun 24, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2018

My baby is one year old. She has soft teeth in the front and she is not able to bite anything with the upper teeth. If she bites, the teeth start chipping. What am I to do?

Dr. Rachna

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

If the enamel matrix formation is deficient, it will result in soft teeth that chips and/or decays easily. It may also result in an atypical or abnormal tooth shape. This is called enamel hypoplasia.

Treatment for this dental condition includes removal of the very soft enamel and placement of a white tooth-colored filling in that area.

Occasionally, the aberration or deviation from normal growth in the enamel is extensive enough that we recommend a white stainless steel cap as a temporary crown during the growing years.

Maintain proper oral hygiene of the child by wiping the teeth with a soft cloth or a very soft brush.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »