Q. I got two wisdom teeth pulled two days back and still have pain. Please advice.

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

I got my two bottom wisdom teeth pulled two days back. I have some photos of them. I was wondering if you could tell me if everything looks fine. I am still in pain and find it hard to eat solid foods.

#

I have seen the pictures you attached with your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Both the extracted regions looks perfectly good. I see that the sutures have been placed for helping those gums to heal quickly. Also, there is the food debris or remnants stuck on the sutures. This is absolutely normal.

What you should be doing is rinse your mouth after every meal with warm salt water to get rid of that food. No vigorous gargling, please. Try to avoid hot and spicy food as you should have been already advised. Any cold food such as fresh fruit juices or yogurt soothens the gums than getting irritated with spices. You will have to revisit the dentist probably this weekend to get the sutures removed. And do not forget your medications if prescribed any. You will be completely alright. Take care.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|