Q. I have evidence of small wisdom tooth in X-ray. Is it fine?

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

I am 18, and every year I have X-rays. I am in the 4 % that do not have wisdom teeth. Today, I was X-rayed and I suddenly have very small wisdom teeth. Every other X-ray, I did not have these teeth. I also have bone growths in my jaw. Is it normal to rapidly grow wisdom teeth?

#

Wisdom teeth can erupt little late than usual. It depends on many factors. In some people it takes up to the age of 24, these teeth also can never erupt and stay impacted or half impacted inside the jaw bones. So for now if you do not have any complaint or problem it is normal, but I recommend you to check up and get X-ray every one year as usual for follow up and see the condition of your wisdom teeth. Also, do not forget, keep on good oral hygiene.

Panoramic X-ray.

| 

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full »

Why is there tooth sensitivity even after getting a filling done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a filling done last week on my distal lateral incisor. It was pretty sensitive for a few days but it dissipated. This morning, after I brushed and flossed, the sensitivity to cold air returned and was getting progressively worse with throbbing and a headache. I took four 200 mg ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to get my wisdom tooth out when I do not have pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I had done an OPG. My dentist is saying to remove the wisdom tooth on the lower side of the jaws on both the sides. I do not have pain in the wisdom tooth. But I feel pain in the left side molar. My doctor has advised for RCT for that molar tooth after removing the wisdom tooth present o...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»