Q. I have evidence of small wisdom tooth in X-ray. Is it fine?

Dr. Mohammed Musa Alabed Nassar

I am 18, and every year I have X-rays. I am in the 4 % that do not have wisdom teeth. Today, I was X-rayed and I suddenly have very small wisdom teeth. Every other X-ray, I did not have these teeth. I also have bone growths in my jaw. Is it normal to rapidly grow wisdom teeth?

#

Wisdom teeth can erupt little late than usual. It depends on many factors. In some people it takes up to the age of 24, these teeth also can never erupt and stay impacted or half impacted inside the jaw bones. So for now if you do not have any complaint or problem it is normal, but I recommend you to check up and get X-ray every one year as usual for follow up and see the condition of your wisdom teeth. Also, do not forget, keep on good oral hygiene.

Panoramic X-ray.

|