Q. What is the reason for pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?

#

You need to go to your dentist and get an X-ray done to find out whether the tooth needs to be removed. Wisdom tooth always causes such problems due to lack of space causing infection due to food debris accumulating at the pockets of the gums there. Use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two. You may need antibiotics too. If it started recently, then you can wait for two weeks or so to see if it erupts normally and comes to the correct position. If it is more than that, go to your dentist as soon as possible.

|