Q. What is the reason for pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Nov 04, 2018

I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

You need to go to your dentist and get an X-ray done to find out whether the tooth needs to be removed. Wisdom tooth always causes such problems due to lack of space causing infection due to food debris accumulating at the pockets of the gums there. Use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two. You may need antibiotics too. If it started recently, then you can wait for two weeks or so to see if it erupts normally and comes to the correct position. If it is more than that, go to your dentist as soon as possible.

Why is there severe pain after wisdom teeth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had just gotten all four of my wisdom teeth taken out a few days back and I have bad toothaches on my left lower jaw. I have done everything. I am supposed to get the right side done too. I have been rinsing my mouth out and have not been aggressive with it or spitting it out. I hav...  Read Full »

What is the cause and solution for bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor,Every morning while I brush, I notice bleeding from my gums. I do not have any pain. What is the possible cause and solution?  Read Full »

What to do for swollen and bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cut in the gum after having some food. Later, I gargled with Listerine and it worsens the condition with swelling. I am having bleeding gums while brushing. I am 35 years old and I am diabetic. Please do the needful.  Read Full »