Q. Why am I having bleeding gums constantly for two years?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have constant bleeding gums for the past two years. My dentist seems unable to help, as he advises me to continue brushing my teeth and the problem will come to an end. This problem seems to be creating new health problems for me. I really need help and I do not know who to turn to.

#

The cause for your bleeding gums can be local like calculus, for that you need to get a dental scaling done (oral prophylaxis). Brush your teeth twice daily using an ultrasoft toothbrush. You also need to get your blood pressure checked twice daily for three days. Most of the times the bleeding is because of blood pressure or diabetes which dentists miss some time. If it is intermittent and occurs every three to four months, it can be infection related. But most probably it is because of plaque and calculus related. You can upload a picture of your gums for proper diagnosis.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|