Q. Why is there a discomfort in my gums where the wisdom tooth is piercing them?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

My wisdom tooth is coming in. I have discomfort in my gums where the tooth is piercing them. I am having pain when I open my jaw and swallow. My throat is a bit red. I have swollen glands under my neck on the side where the tooth is coming in. Do I need medical attention?

#

It is a case of pericoronitis and due to that, you have all those symptoms. Yes, you need medical attention. Right now take these medicines: Amoxycillin Clavulanic acid 625 mg three times daily for five days. Tablet Acelofenac 100 mg with Paracetamol 325 mg and Serratidopeptidase 15 mg or Zerodol SP twice daily for five days but in case you relieve from pain you can stop its use after third day. Capsule Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily for five days.

You also try salt gargles thrice in a day and maintain good oral hygiene. In a few days, you will relieve, however in case there is no relief then let me know, you may require radiograph and other surgical procedures.

| 

Why is there severe pain after wisdom teeth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had just gotten all four of my wisdom teeth taken out a few days back and I have bad toothaches on my left lower jaw. I have done everything. I am supposed to get the right side done too. I have been rinsing my mouth out and have not been aggressive with it or spitting it out. I hav...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in the last lower left tooth region?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in the left lower jaw. I do not have any tooth pain, but the skin surrounding the last tooth is troubling me. Please help.  Read Full »