Q. The area near the last molar is swollen and painful. What should I do?

Dr. Honey Nandwani

The area in the end of the last molar is swollen and it is painful. The last molar in the above side of the mouth is coming in contact with that skin below from yesterday. I thought it will be normal in a day and the pain was less in the morning but now it is the same as yesterday night. Can you suggest what I should do as the dentist in my locality is closed today? Thank you.

#

It is pericoronitis, that is, inflammation of the gum over the wisdom tooth.

For now, you can take antibiotics like Amoxicillin 500 mg and anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Do warm saline gargles.

Do cool compresses over the cheek.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|