Q. May I know the dose of Nemocid for my 3 year old?

Dr. Simy Mathew

My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.

#

You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is Albendazole, and it is a deworming medicine. You should provide 10 ml once in six months at night.

Can I give Decolic suspension for stomach pain? What is the dose?

#

A Colicaid suspension (Simethicone) can be given and give 3 ml for stomach pain.

He is reluctant to take food. Does his weight appear low for his age? Please suggest some healthy food and medicine for improving his health.

#

He should be around 14 kilograms for three years. But weighing 11.6 kilograms is not too less. There is no medicine available to improve appetite. Do not worry as long as your child is healthy and playing around. He will gain weight gradually.

He has constipation since birth. He suffers from constipation for several days in a month. He did not pass stool for three to four days. Though he passes, it smells foul. What is the medicine used for constipation?

#

Change his eating habits and include lots of fluids and fruits with fibers. Avoid giving junk foods. Start using syrup Looz (Lactulose). Initially, start with 5 ml twice daily until the stools get soft and then give 5 ml once daily until the stools get soft. You can use it for weeks together. There is no issue, and it is just a stool softener.

Can Bandy Plus syrup be used as regular deworming medicine ? What is the dose of a 3 year old boy,weight 11.6 kg . What is the interval ?

Please suggest some medicine for seasonal cough and cold .
# Yes it can be used - dose is 10 ml once at night , once in 6 months

For cold and cough - syrup relent plus 2.5 ml twice daily
Can Nizral cream be used for fungal infection i.e. ring worm infection?
# Yes it can be
Which medicine can be used in annal for a child to overcome the problemgetting out of hard stool?
# Dulcolax suppository can be used
Can Lidocaine gel/cream be used for topical anasthetic of a childs anal ?
# Yes it can be if it’s paining too much for the child
Can De Colic suspension be used for Stomac upset ? Colic aid syrup is not available here
# Colic aid is not for stomach upset, in case there is severe pain you can use it ! But your child is beyond colic age now !
Should I use De Colic suspension for stomac pain ?
# You can use ..

|