Q. May I know the dose of Nemocid for my 3 year old?

Dr. Simy Mathew
Published on Sep 10, 2019

My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is Albendazole, and it is a deworming medicine. You should provide 10 ml once in six months at night.

Can I give Decolic suspension for stomach pain? What is the dose?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

A Colicaid suspension (Simethicone) can be given and give 3 ml for stomach pain.

He is reluctant to take food. Does his weight appear low for his age? Please suggest some healthy food and medicine for improving his health.

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

He should be around 14 kilograms for three years. But weighing 11.6 kilograms is not too less. There is no medicine available to improve appetite. Do not worry as long as your child is healthy and playing around. He will gain weight gradually.

He has constipation since birth. He suffers from constipation for several days in a month. He did not pass stool for three to four days. Though he passes, it smells foul. What is the medicine used for constipation?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

Change his eating habits and include lots of fluids and fruits with fibers. Avoid giving junk foods. Start using syrup Looz (Lactulose). Initially, start with 5 ml twice daily until the stools get soft and then give 5 ml once daily until the stools get soft. You can use it for weeks together. There is no issue, and it is just a stool softener.

Can Bandy Plus syrup be used as regular deworming medicine ? What is the dose of a 3 year old boy,weight 11.6 kg . What is the interval ?

Please suggest some medicine for seasonal cough and cold .

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
# Yes it can be used - dose is 10 ml once at night , once in 6 months

For cold and cough - syrup relent plus 2.5 ml twice daily
Can Nizral cream be used for fungal infection i.e. ring worm infection?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
# Yes it can be
Which medicine can be used in annal for a child to overcome the problemgetting out of hard stool?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
# Dulcolax suppository can be used
Can Lidocaine gel/cream be used for topical anasthetic of a childs anal ?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
# Yes it can be if it’s paining too much for the child
Can De Colic suspension be used for Stomac upset ? Colic aid syrup is not available here

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
# Colic aid is not for stomach upset, in case there is severe pain you can use it ! But your child is beyond colic age now !
Should I use De Colic suspension for stomac pain ?

What should I apply for anal itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should apply Calamine lotion at the place where it is itching thrice a day for a week and take tablet Loratadine 10 mg once a day for a week. I would like to review after a week and please send me the picture of it. Revert back with the photographs to an internal ...  Read Full

I had given a wrong dosage of Albendazole to my baby. Is there a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 1 year 2 months old. The doctor prescribed Albendazole 5 ml-5 ml two doses in half an hour interval but by mistake, I had given 10 ml-10 ml dose of Albendazole. So, is there any problem?  Read Full >>

Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended dose below 2 years of age is only 200 mg. Albendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It prevents newly hatched insect larvae. You have over dosed your child. As such child may be fine, keep a watch for adverse symptoms. If any, visit a Pe...  Read Full

Is it safe to give Albendazole twice in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full