Q. Is there any cream to treat wrinkles of skin in hands and feet?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

I am 21 years old but my skin is very loose and it looks very old get wrinkled on the upper part of my hands, feet and also in some other parts. Some areas are too stiff. I never get exposed to the sun. For these, I am using Nivea SPF30. I take proper diet with fruits and vegetables but my problem is not solved. I have consulted a lot of dermatologists but there is no improvement. I do not want any wonder results but I need some improvement. I was very depressed by this condition. Please suggest any lotion or cream to solve my problem.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

This is genetic and you cannot do anything about it with lotions and medicines. There is a temporary procedure called dermal fillers which will give fullness and youth to your hands and legs but that is not cheap and the results last for nine months to one year. If you are interested in these procedures you can meet a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who does fillers.

| 

But a few months ago, I used retinol hand cream and it reduced some wrinkles. It is not available now instead of this can you suggest any other cream?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

Retinol hand creams would not work on lax skin and coarse wrinkles. You can use Retino A (Tretinoin) or Supratret instead of Retinol hand cream. But use a little amount and apply a thin layer.

| 

Are males more prone to forhead wrinkles than females?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do men get wrinkles in their foreheads with age? Is it more lifestyle or genetic? Is it possible to tell if it is more than the other? Are men more or less likely to get forehead wrinkles compared to women? Why or why not? What can men do to prevent forehead wrinkles? Is there an...  Read Full »

What can I do to limit the signs of aging?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male with quite rough skin on my face, which I am not happy with. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice on what I can do to limit the signs of aging, specifically forehead lines and also the dry look on my skin. I think my problem is sun damage. I ha...  Read Full »

Can topical steroid cream help in healing the red spots on my nose?

Query: Hi doctor, I got red patches on my nose after using chemically made facial products while using Retin-A ointment. I have attached pictures. In that, I have used Cerave ointment for healing the marks. Now, I discontinued using Retin-A 0.025 % ointment.  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now