Get E-Book on COVID-19

Heart & Circulatory Health Data Verified

Brugada Syndrome - the Silent Night Killer

Written by
Dr. Isaac Gana
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Published on Mar 14, 2017 and last reviewed on Sep 07, 2018   -  1 min read



Brugada syndrome is a heart disease, which is the second biggest killer of males below the age of 40.

Brugada Syndrome - the Silent Night Killer

In 1992, two brothers, namely Joseph and Pedro Brugada discovered this disease. It was causing sudden death by ventricular fibrillation. This disease was more prevalent in people of Asian origin than the American and European population, of which type 2 and 3 ECG patterns are most common. The average age of patients that die from this disease are around 35 to 40 years. This disease is a conduction disorder, characterized by incomplete right bundle branch block, and a coved-type ST elevation of more than 2 mm in leads V1 to V3. In the Philippines, it is known as "to rise and moan sleep."

Signs and Symptoms:




For more information consult a cardiologist online -->

Last reviewed at:
07 Sep 2018  -  1 min read


Dr. Isaac Gana

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology Speciality

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat


Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why are my hematocrit, RBC, Hb, and mean cell volume elevated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling unwell for a long time. These are my recent blood results. My doctor says that my hematocrit, RBC count, hemoglobin and mean cell volume have been out of the normal range for at least 10 years as that is how far back he can see. I think it should be investigated. W...  Read Full »

Is there any test to determine the chances of a person having abnormal kids?

Query: Hi doctor, Can normal tests tell that a person will have abnormal kids or no kids at all? Please explain.  Read Full »

There is ventricular bigeminy and ectopics post MI. Do I need a device?

Query: Hi doctor, Post MI (after one year) ventricular bigeminy is diagnosed. I am describing my cardiac problem. Please give your valuable suggestion. My problem is exactly one year back which was MI. Treatment started after 20 minutes with Reteplase and other drugs. Next day at 9 AM, I underwent angiogr...  Read Full »

Popular Articles Most Popular Articles

Do you have a question on ?

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health articles published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.