Q. Getting abdominal pain twice in every month. One during the first day of the period and then on the 9th day of my period.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am getting abdominal pain twice every month. Once during the first day of my period, and then in the middle lower abdomen (where the uterus is) on the 9th day of my period. Please help.

#

Many individuals experience such pain. The period day pain is dysmenorrhoea (pain due to menses). The mid-cycle pain is ovulation pain called as Mittelschmerz in our term, due to the release of the egg. This usually indicates the ovulatory cycle.

|