Q. Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?

I would like to know if the ovarian stimulation for IVF can be started on the fifth day of the menstruation or is it too late? My doctor said I should start the medication for ovarian stimulation on the fifth day of the menstruation because of her schedule but normally I used to start it on day two or three. Do not you think day five is too late and the ovocytes can be compromised? Currently, I am on Rekovelle and in the past, I have been on Clomiphene.

#

You can definitely start the ovulation induction within the first five days of periods.

The principle behind this is that the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) starts to rise from the second day of the period and by the fifth day, the follicles to be recruited this month have been selected.

So any day from third to the fifth day of periods is fine to start the stimulation.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|