Q. I am getting severe and consistent pain in the abdomen. What could be wrong?

Dr. Sharmila Naik
Published on Feb 15, 2017

I am 18 years old. My height is 5'9", and weight is 130 lbs. I am not due my period anytime soon, and I am on birth control. For the past few days, I have been getting severe pains in the bottom of my abdomen. It started a few days ago with sharp pains on the right side just up a bit. By yesterday night, it moved down to where period cramps usually are. They are not cramps, but they do feel like cramps. It is present consistently and sore to press on my stomach on the both sides. I do not have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. What could be wrong?

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There could be ureteric calculus if the pain is sharp and shooting or a renal stone dislodged from the place. You need to get an ultrasound done to rule out any pathology.

It needs further physical examination as it could just even be a muscular spasm, which happens if there is a muscle pull during day-to-day activity or exercise.

There could be an ovarian cyst as the site you specified looks near to the ovaries, but less likely as you are on a birth control pill.

More likely there could just be a gas problem as it is the commonest reason for pain there.

I presume passing urine is not an issue. Please visit a doctor for a prescription of an antispasmodic tablet.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »

I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. Do I need MRI with contrast?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor recommended I get an MRI of the prostate and kidney. I have visible blood in the urine after exercise. We suspect it is a result of prostate laser surgery several years ago, but the doctor wants to rule out other sources of bleeding. I am okay with MRI's but will not agree t...  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »