Q. I feel severe pain from tummy to vagina. What can it be?

Published on Mar 20, 2017

I am having severe pain from my tummy to my vagina and anus area. I feel exhausted, and my hands are cold. My flank hurts on my left-hand side, and the pain radiates to that area too. What can this be? I am also having vaginal bleeding. My symptoms are chronic, and the pain is on and off. A couple of weeks ago, I had this sharp pain in my belly, but I never did anything for that. I had pain medicine, but they did not seem to work. My urine test was normal. Please help.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• The symptoms are suggestive of some urinary problems like a renal stone.
  • Is there any problem while urinating like burning, blood, etc. You should get one ultrasound of kidneys called KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) and pelvis to detect kidney stone.
  • Also, ultrasound will also help us to rule out gynecological problem especially if you are having any menstrual problems as well. Till the time, I suggest you antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine 20 mg or Hyoscyamine 10 mg whenever needed up to three times a day.
  • I also suggest tablet Mefenamic acid 250 mg whenever needed up to three to four times a day along with antacid like tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast once a day, if there is no adequate relief from antispasmodic.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

Revert with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is it safe to give Meftal-P and Ambrocof-LS to my infant to cure fever and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is just 32 days old. He is having some cough and cold symptoms. I had a visit to the local physician and was advised to give him Meftal-P, Cefpodoxime Proxetil suspension IP and Ambrocof-LS drops. Please suggest if these medicines are safe?  Read Full >>

Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meftal-P is Mefenamic Acid used as an antipyretic to bring down the fever. While Cefpodoxime is a third generation Cephalosporin antibiotic given for lower respiratory tract infection of bacterial origin. Ambroxol-LS is a cough suppressant preparation used for wet ...  Read Full

I have pain in the throat during swallowing. Is this respiratory tract infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am returning back home from vacation and I am experiencing fever and body aches. I think my tonsils and throat are swollen. I am experiencing pain and discomfort in my throat. I have pain in the throat during swallowing.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely an upper respiratory tract infection, probably viral. You may need antibiotics like tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for five days. Also, you can take Betadine gargle...  Read Full

What can cause severe stomach and lower back pain at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe stomach and back pain at the same time. Suggest some quick remedy.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Severe pain in abdomen radiating to the back might be due to many conditions which require evaluation. Problems that might cause the stomach and back pain, all the possible reasons, Due to ...  Read Full