Renal Calculi

Is kidney swelling due to calculus normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have kidney stones in my right kidney, and there are totally three stones in my kidney 5.0 mm, 3.8 mm, 3.3 mm, and mild right hydroureteronephrosis is seen due to calculus in the right distal urethra measuring 3.4 x2.3 mm located just above the vesicoureteric junction. Kindly suggest....  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting. A 24-year-old male with right renal stones and distal ureteric stone causing a mild obstruction. The pain, if any, is caused due to blockage to the kidney by the ureteric stone. A kidney function test (serum creatinine level) is required to chec...  Read Full »

How to treat lower back and upper abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54-year-old female with a weight of 60 kilograms and a height of five feet three inches. I have extreme pain in my lower back and upper abdomen. Currently, I am taking Maalox and Kremil-S for three days. But still, I have pain. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have any burning sensation while urination and acidity in the stomach. Maalox does not help with the pain. Please mention your symptoms in detail.   Read Full »

What could be the reason for lower abdominal pain accompanied by diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For the past four months, I have periodically experienced severe pain in my lower right abdomen and lower right back regions. The pain comes quickly and can last for a few hours, and is so severe that all I can do is lay down and writhe. I have never passed an...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I understand you have pain with diarrhea and pain that lasts a few hours before it goes away. Listening to your history, it seems a few possibilities. The pain of intestinal loops affecting the cecum a part of large bowel or terminal ileum which is small bowel....  Read Full »

What is the chance of passing kidney stones with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have 8 mm renal calculi in the right upper ureter. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT KUB (kidneys, ureter, and bladder) is 95% accurate to diagnose urinary stones. Usually, stones form in the kidney and drop down the ureter causing extreme pain due to stretch of the renal capsule. Since your right kidney is blocked, I need to check on your kidney fu...  Read Full »

What is extrarenal pelvis of the right kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, In my kidney ultrasound, my left kidney shows mild dilatation of calyces with dilated extrarenal pelvis of approximately 39 mm. What does it mean?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calyceal pelvic system dilatation of kidney could be due to one of the following reasons: Congenital. Focal infection of or at calyx or extrarenal pelvis of kidney. Stricture - narrowing of the neck of calyx or extrarenal pelvis. Stone impacted at the neck of extrare...  Read Full »

What is the cause for Testicular Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing testicular pain since last few days. What could be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Bhatla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain can be due to many reasons. It can be due to an infection in testis or adjoining tissues. It can be a referred pain due to a stone in the urinary tract. Reason can be as simple as a prodromal symptom of a viral infection. Or any other reasons...  Read Full »

Why are there staphylococcal growth in urine and a pelvic mass in ultrasound?

Query: Hi doctor, I have staphylococcus in my urine for a long time. My present laboratory test shows a profuse growth of staphylococcus in my urine. I have sensitivity towards Ciprofloxacin, Streptomycin, and Perflacin. I have pain in my urinary bladder, urine retention, buzzing sounds in ears and pain a...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of Staphylococcal infection in urine is rare. I am worried about the mass present in the pelvis. Please send me the ultrasound report soon.  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so ...  Read Full »

What are the Ayurveda medicines to remove kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two tiny kidney stones of size 3 mm in my left kidney. Is there any ayurvedic medicine to treat kidney stones? Can you please suggest some medicines so that the stones pass in my urine easily.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Renal calculus can be removed easily by ayurvedic medicines. As you mentioned 3 mm sized two stones is present in your left kidney, the size of the stone is small and easy to remove. I suggest you try taking the following. Gokshuradi Guggulu, one tablet twice daily. ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for stone in the urinary tract?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same. Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone. Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastr...  Read Full »