Renal Calculi

How to treat lower back and upper abdominal pain?

Query: Good day. I have been experiencing extreme to moderate pain in my lower back and in my upper abdomen. I am currently taking maalox and sometimes kremil-s for it. Its been 3days now and the pain is still there. I am female, 54years old, 5'3 and weighing 60 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, is there anything else like feeling burning sensation during urination or going to urinate frequently? Is there anything like acidity in stomach? Maalox wont help with pain ma’am. Let me know information then only i can prescribe you treatment accordingly Thank you  Read Full »

What could be the reason for lower abdominal pain accompanied by diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For the past four months, I have periodically experienced severe pain in my lower right abdomen and lower right back regions. The pain comes quickly and can last for a few hours, and is so severe that all I can do is lay down and writhe. I have never passed an...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I understand you have pain with diarrhea and pain that lasts a few hours before it goes away. Listening to your history, it seems a few possibilities. The pain of intestinal loops affecting the cecum a part of large bowel or terminal ileum which is small bowel....  Read Full »

What is the chance of passing kidney stones with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have 8 mm renal calculi in the right upper ureter. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT KUB (kidneys, ureter, and bladder) is 95% accurate to diagnose urinary stones. Usually, stones form in the kidney and drop down the ureter causing extreme pain due to stretch of the renal capsule. Since your right kidney is blocked, I need to check on your kidney fu...  Read Full »

What is extrarenal pelvis of the right kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, In my kidney ultrasound, my left kidney shows mild dilatation of calyces with dilated extrarenal pelvis of approximately 39 mm. What does it mean?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calyceal pelvic system dilatation of kidney could be due to one of the following reasons: Congenital. Focal infection of or at calyx or extrarenal pelvis of kidney. Stricture - narrowing of the neck of calyx or extrarenal pelvis. Stone impacted at the neck of extrare...  Read Full »

What is the cause for Testicular Pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing testicular pain since last few days. What could be the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Bhatla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain can be due to many reasons. It can be due to an infection in testis or adjoining tissues. It can be a referred pain due to a stone in the urinary tract. Reason can be as simple as a prodromal symptom of a viral infection. Or any other reasons...  Read Full »

Why are there staphylococcal growth in urine and a pelvic mass in ultrasound?

Query: Hi doctor, I have staphylococcus in my urine for a long time. My present laboratory test shows a profuse growth of staphylococcus in my urine. I have sensitivity towards Ciprofloxacin, Streptomycin, and Perflacin. I have pain in my urinary bladder, urine retention, buzzing sounds in ears and pain a...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of Staphylococcal infection in urine is rare. I am worried about the mass present in the pelvis. Please send me the ultrasound report soon.  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so ...  Read Full »

What are the Ayurveda medicines to remove kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two tiny kidney stones of size 3 mm in my left kidney. Is there any ayurvedic medicine to treat kidney stones? Can you please suggest some medicines so that the stones pass in my urine easily.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Renal calculus can be removed easily by ayurvedic medicines. As you mentioned 3 mm sized two stones is present in your left kidney, the size of the stone is small and easy to remove. I suggest you try taking the following. Gokshuradi Guggulu, one tablet twice daily. ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for stone in the urinary tract?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a 3.4 mm urinary stone. I have been having continuous pain in my lower right abdomen. The doctor suggested me tablets Pantocid, Nurokind, and Hifenac SR. Can I take these medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a renal calculus (urinary stone) which is of very small size. Your doctor has advised you good medicines. So, continue the same. Hifenac SR (Aceclofenac) is a painkiller used to relieve the pain due to the stone. Pantocid (Pantoprazole) is to prevent gastr...  Read Full »

I have a kidney stone just six months after a stone surgery. Can you suggest a cure?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage. I suggest j...  Read Full »