Q. How to know the subsequent menstruation date after a positive ovulation strip test?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I stopped taking the pill eight months ago, and I got withdrawal bleeding around the end of that month for four days. Then I had bleeding the next month again for four days. So, according to the online period calendar, my next period should be on the second month of the year, but I had unprotected sex a month before that, and I was trying to track my ovulation to get pregnant. And it says I am supposed to ovulate in the first week, but the ovulation strips were not showing anything.

And around that time, I felt a mild cramp on the third and fourth days of the ovulation tests, and it looked like it was positive around that time. But I did not know that, and I had a few headaches and mild abdominal cramps. When do you think I will get my next period?

Please share your opinion.

#

I went through your query and understood your concern.

Hormonal medications can disturb menstruation, and if the body is prone to hormonal imbalance, it could take a longer time to cover both effects. So, I suggest you to follow the instructions mentioned below,

1. Get treated for any health issues you have.

2. Engage in daily physical activities like walking, yoga, and exercise.

3. Get involved in recreational activities and quit recreational drugs.

4. Try to avoid hormonal imbalance and excessive hormonal therapy.

We can predict menstruation, but it comes 14 days after ovulation (ovulation can be checked or confirmed by strip).

Kindly follow the instructions I discussed earlier, and if there is no benefit, you might need a hormonal evaluation after two to three months.

I hope things will be better.

Take care.

|