Q. My body is producing lot of male hormones. How do I rectify?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Jain and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on High Testosterone Level or Uterine Fibroid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a sickle cell trait. I was diagnosed with pcos and pmdd. I got a colonoscopy done for chronic constipation. But, the report was inconclusive. My main concern is that, my body is producing lot of male hormones. Due to which, I have a lot of facial hair and have a deep voice. On a regular basis, I have low blood sugar as well as low blood pressure, chronic fatigue, and chronic lower left abdominal pain. My periods are regular, but they are very heavy. I do have shortness of breath, muscle ache, headache, nausea and weight gain issues. Also, I am dealing with depression, mood swings, trouble to concentrate and at times insomnia. I am taking tablet Metformin. I am attaching all my reports for your reference. Please check them and guide me accordingly.