Q. I have a dull on and off pain in the left side of the abdomen. Please suggest on my lab report.

Published on Nov 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

I have a dull pain on the left side of the abdomen that comes and goes. I had the same pain before 10 years. Can you please provide feedback on the recent labs I had done?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I have evaluated your reports and only two findings are significant.

1. Mild vitamin D deficiency- for that you can take Cholecalciferol 60 K tablet once a week for two weeks.

2. Gluten allergy- this could be a non-specific report. You need to get it confirmed by getting the anti TTG antibody (trans glutaminase) IgA test.

Gluten allergy presents with symptoms of weight loss, abdomen pain, anemia, recurrent loose stools.

I hope it helps.

| 

I have attached my IgG food sensitivity test for your review.

#

I have seen your report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This test is also suggestive of wheat allergy, but somehow there is a test known as Anti TTG Antibody IgA has not been performed. That is the diagnostic test for celiac disease. Moreover, I would need to know if you have any of the symptoms described above.

| 

I have heart palpitations and did a stress echo 24 hour Holter test and they determine my heart structure to be normal. Would it be tied to my food sensitivities? I do have persistent abdominal pain and recurrent loose stools. Would the red blood cell count on my labs indicate that I had anemia?

#

Your symptoms give me two differential diagnoses.

1. Celiac disease.

2. Anxiety associated with irritable bowel syndrome.

I would recommend you to get IgA anti TTG antibody test done. Take a dietician consultation for a celiac diet. There is no harm in going for a celiac diet for a few weeks. If your symptoms improve, then we would take diagnosis as celiac disease. As such your reports do not suggest anemia.

| 

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain and diarrhea thrice a day. What is wrong?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from abdominal pain and diarrhea three to four times a day for the last four months. I have gone through colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy followed by a biopsy. As per the biopsy, it is a mild non-specific inflammation. So, my doctor did several tests like fecal calprotect...  Read Full »

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full »