Q. I have a sedentary lifestyle, and now my heart rate is low. What should I do?

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2021

I am a 19 year old male. I am 15 to 20 pounds overweight. My height is 6 foot 1 inch. I stopped exercising eight months ago. I do not have a calcium deficiency. I am currently fasting for religious purposes. I ate a whole wheat bagel with a glass of milk at 4 AM. It is now 10 AM.  My heart rate is below 60 bpm. Could I be having a problem with the SA or AV node? Is the sodium or potassium influx or efflux of plasma membranes not enough? I do not know if this is relevant, but I drank one and a half bottles of Gatorade at 10 PM yesterday. What is wrong with me? Is it due to my sedentary lifestyle? I spend most of my day studying.

#

• The issue seems to be your weight and stress.
  • If you try to achieve ur ideal BMI (body mass index), that is, around 25, and control your stress you will be alright.
  • Take a normal balanced diet, and reduce carbohydrates and fat intake by 20 % till you achieve your target BMI.
  • Consume a fruit and vegetable diet once a week, with adequate water intake.
  • Do brisk walking for 30 minutes every day.
  • Do breathing exercise for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily.

This will help you.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|