Q. What are the chances of pregnancy when periods are gotten in three days after sex?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2022

My girlfriend and I had sex recently, and the condom broke. She immediately took Unwanted 72. Her period came three days later. What are the chances of her getting pregnant? Can we abort the child if she gets pregnant?

#

The chance of pregnancy is almost nil. She also took an emergency pill which protects up to 95%.

Yes, medical termination of pregnancy is possible.

How early can medical termination be done?

#

The chance of pregnancy is almost nil.

As soon as the pregnancy is confirmed, medical termination can be done.

Thanks.

I need to travel now. I need to know if we can get a pregnancy test done three to four days before my travel date and do the abortion if necessary.

#

Yes, you can.

I would like to know if pills have to be taken or if surgical abortion has to be done. In the last month, she got her periods 10 days late. If this month the same thing happens, then it would be very big trouble. I have to travel urgently, and I will be away for three months. So, I do not want to leave her alone. Of note, I had masturbated in the morning before sex, and when during sex, the condom broke. Definitely, sperms must have gotten into her vagina. Immediately, she took an Unwanted 72. The pharmacist told me to wait for at least five days from the day of the period before taking abortion pills. What must be the method of abortion, be it taking medical pills or surgical options like D and C? And what will be the accuracy of the hCG test for pregnancy?

#

First of all, the chance of pregnancy is almost nil. However, the beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test will confirm pregnancy.

If pregnancy takes place, termination can be done with medicines, but it should be done under a doctor's supervision only.

Do not give her abortion pills without confirming the pregnancy.

|