Q. Why am I bleeding after one week of consumption of abortion pills?

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani

I have a 9 months old baby whose birth was by C-section. Now again I think I am pregnant and missed my period for 10 days. I checked with prega news and found 2 light pink lines which I thought to be positive. We do not want to have the second baby now. Then I took abortion pills and my period came. After 1 week I am bleeding again. I do not know if it is period again or what? I want to know whether there is any side effect of that abortion pills or it can cause any harm to me? I do not feel any type of pain but many rashes, pimples and redness on face are there. Please suggest what to do.

#

You have to take abortion pills according to the government law and government approved places. So, follow their procedures. Do consult your nearby gynecologist.

Now, if bleeding is continued after pills, then you have to do sonography to find out whether everything is fine or not, pregnancy is there or not or pregnancy was inside the uterus or not. Regarding how much you bleed, you should do hemogram. It could be an incomplete abortion which will be found out after sonography and if it is that, then maybe you might have to undergo dilatation and curettage procedure under local or short general anesthesia. So, do consult nearby gynecologist to see what is the procedure there and accordingly what are the options you are left with.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|