Q. Which is the best way to abort pregnancy after C-section?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I am in trouble. I have two kids, one 2 and a half years old, another 1-year-old. Both are C-section babies. Now, I have missed my periods by ten days and get to know that I am pregnant. Kindly help me and guide me on how can I abort the child.

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Termination of pregnancy can be done either with tablets or surgical method like D and C (dilatation and curettage). The first one seems easier, but as you have a history of two previous cesareans, I would suggest you choose the later.

MTP (medical termination of pregnancy) with tablets may lead to incomplete abortion and torrential bleeding in some cases (chances are higher in previous cesarean cases due to retained products of conception-RPOC). D and C on another hand is a foolproof method without chances of RPOC and severe bleeding, additionally being painless (thanks to anesthesia). Instead, you can get a MIRENA or Copper-T inserted or tubectomy done in the same sitting preventing any further unwanted pregnancies. It is to be done under strict medical supervision, so please visit a gynecologist for the same.

|