Q. Please provide an effective solution for black arms, elbows, and upper back.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2021

I am getting black dirt accumulated on my arms, forearms, elbow, upper back (severe), lower back. I tried home remedies (Haldi + milk + honey) bath, soap changed but nothing happened, sometimes I feel irritation on my skin and dry and dirt layer can be seen and when scratch from nails white rashes can be seen. Please provide some effective solution as one can notice dirt easily on my forearms and arms.

#

I understand your concern, I have read your brief history, and from it, it looks like you have been having Acanthosis nigricans, which is darkening or hyperpigmentation of skin folds. The various reasons for this can include obesity, use of corticosteroids for a long period of time (Cushing's syndrome), thyroid (hypothyroidism), hormonal treatment, hereditary, and insulin resistance. You will have to work on the above-mentioned things, if you have them, to get better results. Even 5-10 percent of weight reduction can lead to an improvement in the appearance of the lesions. Therefore it is important to reduce if you are obese. You can use ( if you are above 18 years) Demalan Cream (Arbutin, Kojic acid, Glycolic acid) at night daily for 30 days, Dermadew bact soap (antibacterial ) soap, and Capsule Antoxid HC once daily at night for 30 days. Kindly review after 30 days and do not continue medications without the doctor's advice. The above-mentioned topical medication can take over a few months to show results. For immediate and faster results, you can opt for cosmetic procedures like laser therapy, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling, and mesotherapy. These require atleast 4-6 sessions to give results.

| 
1 out of 1 likes