Q. Am I getting scars on skin because of Accutane?

Dr. K. Shanmuganandan

I used Accutane from 17 till 25 years on and off, it was always good. So 6 months ago I tried for 12 days Accutane and I saw after 2 days appearing scars on the skin for no reason. I did not have acne. It was for my hair that was alway very shiny. So I stopped ofcourse the Accutane and did bloodwork. I had low vitamine d and positive ANA and anti-DSNA. Drug included lupus. I went to every dermatalogist to help me to stop the disease because it is still haunting me. And the scars need to be stopped. Please is there somebody who can help me?

#

I went through all the reports and the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think you are correct. There is a high possibility of drug induced effect that is Accutane induced scarring. In addition there is evidence of drug induced lupus. Though the ANA profile has ok profile it seems initial commencement of autoimmune process.

I feel you should go to dermatologist academic center to seek consultation. As these autoimmune process starts and fosters slowly, you need to be on follow up take a lit PC antioxidants and Curcumin. Meanwhile, stop Accutane and also please feel free to consult me if there is a concern you have flagged in this regards.

Thank you. I went to dermatalogist a lot but they cannot help me because they do not see the link to Accutane and drug induced lupus, but there are many people who had this same issue. What do I need to do? Can you treat me? Do I need to take Vitamin supplements or a medicine?

#

You need to take Vitamin C with Glutathione local application, along with it please take Vitamin C 500 mg thrice a day. If possible take Curcurmin extract.

|