Q. What causes warmness in the left side of chest?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I am 23 years old. I am obese and have a family history of cardiac arrest. My father got cardiac arrest at the age of 53. I have consulted the local cardiologist and gone through ECG, echo, TMT, lipid, hs-CRP and other blood tests. All the tests were normal except heart rate, which was 110 and also high BP. I am taking Rosufit 10, Nebistar 5 and Cilaheart 10. Currently, I am feeling warm in the left side of my chest for a short span of time. Sometimes, I have slight pain in my left hand and feels like a pinch type of pain in the center of the chest when I inhale and exhale. Is it normal?

#

This kind of chest pain occurs during stress and anxiety only. We label them nonspecific cardiac chest pain.

But, we should always keep in consideration cardiac chest pain and acid reflux. It is important to differentiate between the all.

However, the cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking and exercising. It also gets radiated to left arm.

Since your ECG and other cardiac workup are normal, the pain is not due to cardiac issues.

For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.

Your increase in heart rate might be possibly because of anxiety only. For anxiety, try to do meditation and if no relief, you would be treated with anti-anxiety drugs like Etizolam.

For further clarifications consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I always feel some discomfort in the left side of the chest and in the left hand. I have pain in my left all the time and some heaviness in the heart area. Occasionally, I am getting slight pain in the lower side of the heart. Do I need any checkup?

#

• It seems to be due to anxiety or even muscular pain as you are obese.
  • Start exercise. Try to lose weight and do meditation.
  • If you are into any addictions then you may need to quit them as well.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|