Q. Is hepatomegaly with fatty changes, hydronephrosis, and SOL serious?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My mom has a severe abnormality in the lower abdominal part. On doctor's consultation, we have done USG. In the report, the impression shows that mild hepatomegaly with grade II fatty changes, right-sided mild hydronephrosis, bulky heterogeneous uterus with multiple SOLs. What does it mean? Is there anything serious? Which type of specialist we should consult in this case?

#

There is nothing to worry about. For hepatomegaly, you will have to lose weight and avoid oily foods. Mild hydronephrosis could be because of some infection in the kidneys which may require antibiotics. There is mild SOL (space occupying lesion) in the uterus which could be because of hormonal changes. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist with the reports. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

|