Q. Is hepatomegaly with fatty changes, hydronephrosis, and SOL serious?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My mom has a severe abnormality in the lower abdominal part. On doctor's consultation, we have done USG. In the report, the impression shows that mild hepatomegaly with grade II fatty changes, right-sided mild hydronephrosis, bulky heterogeneous uterus with multiple SOLs. What does it mean? Is there anything serious? Which type of specialist we should consult in this case?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is nothing to worry about. For hepatomegaly, you will have to lose weight and avoid oily foods. Mild hydronephrosis could be because of some infection in the kidneys which may require antibiotics. There is mild SOL (space occupying lesion) in the uterus which could be because of hormonal changes. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist with the reports. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

| 

How to manage my grandmother's SOL in gall bladder?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother is 72 years old. She is a diabetic patient. Her USG report showed SOL of a gallbladder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

I need an evaluation of my annual health check up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, As part of a corporate health check up, I had undergone liver function test, USG abdomen with pelvis and lipid profile. The impression in the USG was mild hepatomegaly with grade-II fatty changes. I have attached the reports. In LFT the total bilirubin was 1.41, direct bilirubin 0.43,...  Read Full »

I need a treatment plan for hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother has a hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction. She also has a history of recurrent and severe UTI. I need an expert advice and treatment plan.  Read Full »