I am having pus, acne on my cheeks from a long time but I used to squeeze them off and they will not even leave a single scar, but from the past two months, I am having severe pus, acne, and even I do not touch or squeeze them. They leave a scar and the redness has increased a lot. I am using Clindamycin gel at night time but I cannot see the results. Please help.
Welcome to iclinq.com.
1. Your acne seems quite inflammatory that is they are very red and with pus formation.
2. You will need oral antibiotics along with topical gels applications.
3. Do not squeeze them, they can leave bigger scars.
Check the prescription below and follow it.
Acne vulgaris.Treatment plan:
1. Capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once a day.
2. Minoz-BPO gel 0.1 %. Apply tiny amount once at night on acne.
3. Benzoyl Peroxide face wash.
1. Avoid too much sun exposure.
2. Avoid full cream milk, chocolates.
3. No hair oil.
4. Do not squeeze the acne.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back. I tried Benzoyl wash, Vanoxide Topical, and Doxycycline. There was no success. I am now using Hibiclens foam wash, Clindamycin and Benzoyl foam, and a Sulfamethox... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now