Q. Please suggest some treatment for deep acne scars.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Sep 07, 2018

I have many deep acne scars on my face. I have shown to many doctors but did not get a good result. I have found now that lastly, I will have to go for laser treatment. Please suggest me what to do.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Treatment of acne scar depends on the type of scar. There are various treatment modalities for scar for instance subcision, it is a surgical procedure to release the tight bands below the skin that is holding the scar, injection of platelet-rich plasma, TCA (trichloroacetic acid) cross, deep chemical peels, Co2 (carbon dioxide) laser resurfacing. Discuss these options with your Dermatologist.

Co2 laser is effective and gives good results but again I do not know the type of acne scar that you have. Please attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to give appropriate suggestions.

Is hirsuties coronae glandis a contagious one?

Query: Hi doctor, There are a few little things around my glans. I think I have hirsuties coronae glandis. What can I do about it? Is it contagious? Please explain.  Read Full »

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full »

How to get my acne scars removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinnin...  Read Full »