Q. I am getting treated for acne. Is it safe during pregnancy?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have started taking a supplement to help with my acne. I wanted to know if the ingredients are safe during pregnancy. It contains burdock root, dandelion leaves, milk thistle, red clover, and cellulose. Please let me know if I can take this.

#

The ingredients which you have mentioned are safe during pregnancy. They will not cause any harm to your baby.

At the same time, you can also apply topical antibiotic ointments containing Clindamycin to fight your acne.

For further clarifications consult a gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|