Q. I have a deep wound after Nesbit plication surgery. How to speed up the healing?

Published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I am a 22 year old healthy male. Last month, I had undergone Nesbit plication surgery for congenital penile curvature. The surgery resulted in a deep wound that is not healing properly. I had the same surgery five years ago, and there was no wound at all. Now, it has been a month, and I do not seem to notice any improvement. Does penile skin grow back or would I need a skin graft? How long will it take to grow back? I am currently using Jelonet and gauze. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. I do not use drugs. How can I speed up the healing process? I have attached a picture of the wound. Kindly look into it.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand that you have undergone plication surgery for penile curvature.

• After examining your wound site, I can tell you it is healing well. It is taking longer as your wound size is large.
  • Are you on any oral or topical antibiotics? If not, you can use topical Mupirocin twice daily for seven days after discussing with your treating surgeon. It will hasten your healing.
  • You must get the surgical wound cleaned and dressed at a local clinic regularly. This would ensure removal of unhealthy tissues so that the normal granulation tissue grows and healing occurs fast.
  • Get your blood sugar levels checked.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I used Cephalexin 500 mg, three tablets a day for six days. I was supposed to take it for 10 days but, the surgeon asked me to discontinue it, as I had severe watery diarrhea and fatigue, through the day. Do I still need to take Mupirocin?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• I suggest you use T-Bact (topical Mupirocin) ointment for local application. It is an antibiotic cream that works by stopping the growth of a certain type of bacteria. It will prevent a secondary infection and kill the in situ bacteria. So, ultimately your lesion will heal faster. But, you must consult your treating doctor before using this medicine.

| 

Will mechanical penis straightening devices fix Peyronie's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently have come down with Peyronie's disease. Will the mechanical penis straightening devices fix this condition? I am 59 years old and I have never had this condition before. Also, it seems like this condition started when I started taking a Viagra lower cost substitute simply s...  Read Full »

Does masturbating without lubricant result in a bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV ...  Read Full »