Q. How can I remove the acne spots on my face, back and chest?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

My acne is getting worse. The spots are on my face, back and chest. I have had the spots for about two years now. How can I remove the spots from my face?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I can understand your concern.

Use a salicylic acid facewash twice daily and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples on the face twice daily and Benzoyl peroxide 10 percent gel on the pimples present on the chest and back twice daily. Along with this take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg daily for three consecutive days in a week for six weeks.

Besides this keep your face dry, avoid applying oily creams and moisturizers, avoid oiling of the scalp, use cosmetics labeled as noncomedogenic and reduce the intake of sugary foods. Continue this for six weeks and revert back.

Seborrhea and hormonal imbalance.

Acne vulgaris.

After six weeks.

| 

Can oil massage cause acne on the lower back?

Query: Hello doctor, So I never had acne on the back, maybe one or two single, but after visiting this massage center, which I know was a big mistake, my lower back is full of acne. I tried a couple of ointments, did not work. Cortisone helped a little, but not really. I think I need oral back up, any sug...  Read Full »

What medicine can treat acne scars on my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back. I tried Benzoyl wash, Vanoxide Topical, and Doxycycline. There was no success. I am now using Hibiclens foam wash, Clindamycin and Benzoyl foam, and a Sulfamethox...  Read Full »

What Is Acne Vulgaris?

Article Overview: Acne vulgaris is a common condition that usually starts in teenage years when sebaceous glands become active. However, acne can also occur in childhood and even in infancy, but it is rare. Read Article

Dr. Rabia

Acne vulgaris is a common condition that usually starts in teenage years when sebaceous glands become active. However, acne can also occur in childhood and even in infancy, but it is rare. Some individuals have an inherent tendency of having hyperactive sebaceous glands, this is one of the risk fact...  Read Article