Q. Is Mometasone dangerous to use on Face to clear my acne pimples?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I am seriously facing acne pimples problem. Sometimes they occur on my face when I masturbate. If I use Mometasone, it gives a good result.

Is it okay to continue this?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Acne is a universal issue in the age group of 15 to 25 years due to hormonal changes in adolescents.

However, there are multiple effective treatment options depending on the grade and severity of the problem.

Mometasone is a topical steroid and is to be avoided strictly on the face and for acne as it can harm your skin in the long run.

Acne is dependent on hormones hence excess masturbation may sometimes lead to an increase in the problem.

I would advise you to stop Mometasone immediately and kindly upload appropriate images to help us assess your current grade of acne and treat you better.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I do not excessively masturbate. I do it just monthly thrice. However, it is really due to hormonal inbalance. As you said, I am uploading images. Kindly see them and suggest me medicine for scars at a medium cost. I am also getting white hair slightly. Can you please suggest me any hair oil to avoid it?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

#

Your clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of really a bad grade three to four nodulocystic acne with a lot of infection.

The redness you have developed is because of applying Mometasone which is a steroid.

This will take at least six to eight weeks of regular treatment and a good skin care for improvement.

Before I can even start on any creams, I suggest you need a two-week course of antibiotics to reduce the infection.

I suggest you the following:

• Sunstop SPF 30 (micronized zinc oxide and octinoxate) lotion for the whole face every morning.
  • Clindac A gel (Clindamycin Topical) for application over the pimples at night.
  • Tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once daily 15 minutes before breakfast.
  • Capsule Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice daily after food for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

Review after two weeks with fresh images to assess the response.

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for the treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure. Read Article

Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit...  Read Article

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send good quality photographs taken under natural light for further knowledge of your problem.Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article