Q. Is Mometasone dangerous to use on Face to clear my acne pimples?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I am seriously facing acne pimples problem. Sometimes they occur on my face when I masturbate. If I use Mometasone, it gives a good result.

Is it okay to continue this?

#

Acne is a universal issue in the age group of 15 to 25 years due to hormonal changes in adolescents.

However, there are multiple effective treatment options depending on the grade and severity of the problem.

Mometasone is a topical steroid and is to be avoided strictly on the face and for acne as it can harm your skin in the long run.

Acne is dependent on hormones hence excess masturbation may sometimes lead to an increase in the problem.

I would advise you to stop Mometasone immediately and kindly upload appropriate images to help us assess your current grade of acne and treat you better.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I do not excessively masturbate. I do it just monthly thrice. However, it is really due to hormonal imbalance. As you said, I am uploading images. Kindly see them and suggest me medicine for scars at a medium cost. I am also getting white hair slightly. Can you please suggest me any hair oil to avoid it?

#

Your clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of really a bad grade three to four nodulocystic acne with a lot of infection.

The redness you have developed is because of applying Mometasone which is a steroid.

This will take at least six to eight weeks of regular treatment and a good skin care for improvement.

Before I can even start on any creams, I suggest you need a two-week course of antibiotics to reduce the infection.

I suggest you the following:

• Sunstop SPF 30 (micronized zinc oxide and octinoxate) lotion for the whole face every morning.
  • Clindac A gel (Clindamycin Topical) for application over the pimples at night.
  • Tablet Pan (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once daily 15 minutes before breakfast.
  • Capsule Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice daily after food for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

Review after two weeks with fresh images to assess the response.

|