Q. How to treat chronic acne problems that do not show improvements with rejuvenating skin products and lifestyle modifications?

Dr. Barve Vaibhav Saidas

I have been suffering from acne for two years. I researched a lot on how to prevent it from worsening, like changing pillow cases and bed sheets, but I see no progress on my skin. I also try to drink lots of water but still no improvements. I also tried several skin products and rejuvenating sets. However, I think it aggravates my skin more, so I started using Celeteque moisturizing cleanser and the acne scrub. My acne worsens every time my period is near, so I think I have problems related to my hormones which is why I want to consult a dermatologist. I stay up late for school, but, unusually, I get a breakout from it because I have never had problems with acne before, even though I stay up late.

Currently, I am on Melatonin pills. Initially, I used Lactezin 100 mg/11 UI/ 5mg but later stopped it because it showed no improvements.

#

Acne is common in the age group between the ages of 15 to 30. It is a natural or normal physiological process due to changes in hormone levels during puberty or the growing body. Every individual is different. Some may experience more acne, and some people with no acne. It depends upon various factors, genetics, and varies with the person. With aging, acne stops developing.

I suggest, Deriva CMS (Adapalene and Clindamycin Phosphate) gel - apply at night on pimples, Aloe lotion - apply on the whole face at 8 AM and 8 PM, Photostable gold sunscreen - apply on the whole face at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM, Cleansing lotion for face wash.

|