Q. I am having acne and pimples on my cheek and it leaves mark. What to do?

Dr. Vaibhav Barve
Published on Nov 13, 2019

I am a 30-year-old male. I am having severe acne and pimples on my cheek. It started two weeks ago. I used aloe vera and the effect is some what reduced, but the marks are there and also new pimples are coming every day.

Dr. Vaibhav Barve

Dermatology
#

Kindly share your photos.

Apply Deriva-CMS (Clindamycin phosphate) gel at night on pimples.
Apply Dermadew aloe lotion on the whole face at 8 am and 8 pm.
Apply Photostable gold sunscreen on the whole face at 9 am, 12 pm, and 3 pm.
Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion for face wash.

Do not scratch and break the pimples, it will cause dark spots and scar that are difficult to treat.
Do not wash your face frequently and with soap. Use suitable face wash that suits your skin.
Do not rub your face with towel, just do like sponging.

After one month.

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera ge...  Read Full »