Q. Kindly suggest a medicine for acne.

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. My skin is a very fair complexion. I need topical medication for acne that lasts on the face for more two to three months. The acne is often without a white head. They are red and become brown with time. It happens with climatic change, hormonal change and even after applying a new face product. I am a 34 years old female software engineer. I have one kid. My weight is 58 kg and height is 5'4".

#

I understand that you have acne problem. 

• You can continue with Cetaphil-OS cleanser. Also, I suggest Epiduo gel (Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) at night.
  • I would like to know if your periods are regular and any recent stress. Also, it would help if you can lose some weight.
  • Please get back with the answers as we can treat the underlying issue. Thank you.

Revert back with the answer to the above question to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My periods are regular with 22 to 24 day cycle. There is no extra stress apart from having to look after my 2 year old and working as a senior software engineer. I am a vegetarian and I am trying to lose weight. The pores on my face are huge. Can you suggest anything for it to apply so as to shrink them? I do not use cosmetics daily, but occasionally I do.

#

Thanks for the information.

• Good to hear that your periods are regular and so no major hormonal issue. Taking care of a 2 year old can be stressful though.
  • Apart from a good balanced diet, you need to start exercising for at least 45 minutes a day and five days a week. Exercise will reduce stress and also reduce weight.
  • Cleanse your face twice daily with Cetaphil-OS cleanser. Apply Epiduo gel half an hour after face wash at night and wash after half an hour and apply skin moisturizer.
  • I suggest tablet Azee 500 mg (Azithromycin) once a day for three consecutive days every week for four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Apart from these do not use any other products. Use minimum makeup only when necessary and that too non-comedogenic.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Which sunscreen should I use during the day? Can I use Aveeno daily moisturizer during the day and Neutrogena at night?

#

• You can use Aveeno sunscreen in the daytime.
  • Both, Neutrogena and Aveeno are good moisturizers. You can use any of them.

|