Q. Kindly suggest ways to remove acne without leaving marks.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

I am having acne on my cheeks, forehead, and the back for the past six years. I have red and pus-filled acne. I am using Adapalene gel and Metrogyl gel. But, pimples did not go away and also spreading nearby. I have used Benzoyl peroxide too, but no improvement. I am using Acnestar S face wash twice daily. My face is so oily. Kindly suggest me some way to remove acne without leaving marks. Thank you.

#

I understand your concerns. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

From what you mentioned, you have severe acne that requires oral Isotretinoin for six months.

I suggest:

1. Isotretinoin capsule 20 mg twice a day after meals for six months.
  2. Panthenol cream if there is skin dryness.
  3. Vaseline on the lips.
  4. Follow up is required.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Double contraception is required for one year if sexually active as it is teratogenic. The treatment should be at least six months. For the first month, the lesion may flare up. So, do not worry.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|